Sunday, January 29, 2012

#22 Go to a really fabulous destination spa

What a wonderful way to start 2012!  My girlfriend Rashana and I had been planning this for months and we had the best time ever.  We visited Lake Austin spa and it was every bit as fabulous as I imagined.

What I love about my list is that it gives me permission to go for things that I otherwise would not allow myself to do.  This experience taught me that it is OK to reward yourself unapologetically.  I had every reason in the world to cancel or to renege on going: the timing wasn't good at work, it was expensive as hell, David broke his foot, Julian ended up getting strep throat.  And trust me, I had all kinds of guilt for going... right up until I pulled up and saw that fabulous view of the lake and the woman greeted us at our car to escort us to dinner (before we even checked in).  I agonized for nothing!  Work was fine, David took great care of Julian and I have already paid off the trip.  Best yet, I have the memories and experience to last a lifetime.

I realize that I am my biggest barrier to enjoying and embracing life's wonderfulness.  I realize that what I thought what was being practical and reasonable was just a convincing disguise of insecurity and self doubt.  Acting on this list has shed light on this inner voice that I didn't know was there.  She tells me why certain things doesn't make sense, reminds me of all the other shit I "should/could" be doing and tells me to just be grateful for what I have and not expect anything more.  That voice... she's a subtle, quiet bitch. I don't even realize that she's speaking to me at times.  But now that I know that she's there, she gets louder and more ghetto when I try to argue with her or contradict her.  We got work to do, but acknowledgment is the first step.

Laying in a hammock in my blanket enjoying the lake
But on to the Fabulousness....Lake Austin.  It is the #1 Destination Spa in North America.  I didn't quite understand why until I got there.  It was the service, the environment, the food. 

The Service was OUTSTANDING.  They catered to your every whim and made you feel like they were your personal assistants.  Oh and the spa services was TOP NOTCH.

The Environment was BREATHTAKING.  Everywhere you went, there was a view of the lake.  The weather was beautiful.  Just warm enough to enjoy the lake, but cool enough to remind you that it was January.  I was either wrapped up in a spa robe or this handmade quilt everywhere I went: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Wine Tasting, Art Class, Thai Chi, Bingo... I mean everywhere. 

The Food was PERFECT.  Everything was seasonal, local and organic.  The vegetables came from their own garden.  I even ate a Fillet Mignon while I was there.  First peace of beef in over 10 years.  And it was good! 

It was just what I needed...I am really proud of myself for this one!
Here was my daily schedule:
Friday Night
Arrive - Dinner - Facial - Check In

Saturday
Wake up Late - Breakfast - Massage - Lunch - Read Book in a Hammock - Wine Tasting - Dinner - Yoga

Sunday
Wake up - Thai Chi - Breakfast - Energy Work Massage - Lunch - Read Book in Hammock - Bingo - Dinner - Art Class

Monday
Wake Up - Breakfast in Bed - Foot Massage - Lunch - Leave


3 comments:

Maj said...

Gorgeous view. I'm so jealous. I've heard it was fabulous and haven't gone yet.

Tyebo said...

OMG, I'm having a mini-gasm right now just remembering how fabulous that place was ;)...words and pics just can't give justice to the Lake Austin experience - like Paradise on Earth! RaShana

Toria said...

Rashana... we have got to go back.

Maj... you are invited to join us!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

It is my personal list of 35 things that I want to do while I am 35 to bring back fabulousness in my life. It's about loving the life I live and living a life I love. It's about living in the moment. This is a private blog created to track my progress and keep me accountable among my inner circle...


Photoblog Template by Delicious Design Studio