Sunday, October 16, 2011

# 30 Learn How To Cook Caribbean Food

My girlfriend Karimah came to visit me for the weekend.  This was a perfect time to complete #30 on my list. I took advantage of her Jamaican culinary skills and had her teach me how to cook Curry Chicken with Rice & Peas.  She was a great teacher and the food came out amazing.  Thanks Girl!  I treasured our time together...


The Ingredients: Whole Chicken, Curry Powder, Long Grain Rice, Pigeon Peas, Coconut Milk, Vegetables, and Spices

Chop Chicken into Bite Size Pieces; Place in Bowl then Add Seasoning Salt, Thyme, Curry and All Spice

Heat Oil in the Pan; Add Garlic and Curry then Stir for 1-2 minutes; Be Careful to Not Let it Burn

Add Chicken to the Pan then Add Chopped Onions, Potato, and Carrots to Pan

Add 1/4 Cup of Water; Cover and Let Cook for 25 Minutes

For Rice & Peas, Bring Water, Coconut Milk and Drained Pigeon Peas to Boil; Then add Rice, Garlic Clove and Green Onions

Viola! My Masterpiece

Karimah, My Teacher

"This chicken is off the chain" - Majaliwa

3 comments:

Maj said...

Girl I look like Aunt Jemima. I may need you to take that picture down or add some disclaimer like "she normally looks more fabulous than this!"

Toria said...

Girl you look great! But if send me one of your fabulous pictures from photo shoot, I will add the link.

Karimah said...

I am just now looking at this post (this is Karimah BTW--AKA "the teacher")...Maj looks hilarious and she did tear that food up.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

It is my personal list of 35 things that I want to do while I am 35 to bring back fabulousness in my life. It's about loving the life I live and living a life I love. It's about living in the moment. This is a private blog created to track my progress and keep me accountable among my inner circle...


Photoblog Template by Delicious Design Studio